Friendswood was founded in the late 1800's by Quakers seeking a colony. In 1895, a charter was filed for "Friendswood" at the Galveston County Courthouse. In the decade of the 1960s hundreds of NASA employees chose Friendswood as their home. Subdivisions, schools, churches, businesses and community organizations mushroomed. By 1966 Friendswood had its first medical clinic, pharmacy, bank, newspaper and police department. In 1969 the population was 5,200. Today Friendswood is a friendly master planned community that enjoys a school district that is the envy of many. There is a variety of homes and home prices available for all.
Growth continued unabated through the 1970s and 1980s, and the population was nearing 29,000. Friendswood became a suburban community of fine homes, churches, businesses, schools and organizations. The strong volunteer instincts of the residents enabled the city to build a municipal building in 1965 without debt because residents donated labor, materials and funding. In 1971 they built a replica of the Frank J. Brown home to serve as a repository of Friendswood's heritage.
Friendswood, TX Properties
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by ATTOM Data Solutions and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.